Objective: Identify linking opportunities of Salvadoran Diaspora communities with their home country.
Objetivo: Identificar oportunidades de vinculación de la Diáspora Salvadoreña con su pais de orígen.

Monday, May 3, 2010

English: Rains of El Salvador

It has been a while without writing here. The last few days I have been very busy trying to get information from the internet, organizing a database of diaspora organizations, and organizing my own ideas. The information have received in the interviews I had done is so immense that in many cases is not easy to summarize. Every organization is so unique, and every experience has so many faces that sometimes my mind feels overwhelmed with data. I guess that is the challenge… being able to decode all that information and put it in black and white so the final users can really use it and get something good from it.

It’s like today’s weather in Suchitoto: it started raining nicely in the morning, then stopped and the day started to get clear, but later the rain came back again and this time stronger… and it lasted the whole afternoon. In the evening it became a thunderstorm with lightning that caused windows to shake. This project may be a mimic of that: some information to begin, and then quiet, and then an overload of data, contacts, and facts that don’t stop. At the end it will be like a storm of information. I just hope that everything ends like this night is ending right now… lightning is gone, it is not raining anymore, and I am settling down peacefully into my daily rest. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment