Objective: Identify linking opportunities of Salvadoran Diaspora communities with their home country.
Objetivo: Identificar oportunidades de vinculación de la Diáspora Salvadoreña con su pais de orígen.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

English: The office

Last Tuesday es-artes office reopened after the Holy Week and now I officially have a place to work. The place is a typical colonial house with rooms on the sides and a patio in the centre. The landmark of this one is a huge mango tree in the middle of the patio. Last week I had bought some mangoes at the local market, but I think from now on I will not need to do that anymore. I just need to wait for one to be mature enough and pick it directly from the tree.

There are three people working permanently in this office: Tatiana, who manages the office and leads the theatre program; Evelyn, who deals with administrative issues; and Tito, who deals with technical issues and also does creative work. There are many others that work for the projects and come and go as required.

My office was set up on Wednesday; it is a nice room with view to the mango tree, door and window with coloured glass, and private bathroom! The breeze in the afternoon makes me feel I am at the right place. Regular working hours are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, however, this is just nominal as the group works in projects and working hours may be much longer when the project requires it. As per my working hours, I really do not have. My job is interviewing people and gathering information so I need to go where the people are at the time they are available. Office time is for writing down the information received or, as it happened this week, writing my work plan and budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment